FTP is the standard protocol for managing files over the internet. Though very efficient at transferring files, FTP is insecure in its native form. Businesses looking for a way to securely transfer files will be happy to know that there is a solution – FTP hosting. FTP hosting services offer the best of FTP by allowing professionals to effectively transfer large files with the added benefit of security. These services are useful to professionals in many industries, including lawyers and financial institutions.
Advantages for Banks
The popularity of the internet has made it common for many banks and consumers to do business with each other online. As you can imagine, efficiency and security are of the utmost importance. Because transferring large files is often a must, banks and their customers need a secure method of communicating – FTP makes a viable solution. With an FTP hosting service, both banks and consumers can enjoy the following benefits:
- The ability to secure transfer sensitive financial information
- Improved data transfer/report process between main and sub-branches
- Improved external data transfer process between banks and other financial institutions
- Opportunities for more efficient check clearing initiatives
- Enhanced consumer confidence in regard to online banking
FTP hosting service providers go above the status quo to make sure their customers enjoy the highest level of security, something that is an absolute must in the banking industry.